macritchie reservoir entrance

Head left to continue to the treetop walk, but if there are signs that it might start raining cats and dogs, you might want to turn right to exit the park. Best nearby. You’ll know you’re on the right path when you start seeing leaves that are browning on one side and completely white on the other scattered all over the ground.And finally, the Ranger Station is around the corner! From here, it is about 2.5 km to Jelutong Tower and this stretch of the trail is most scenic especially along Golf Link. There’s more to come despite having seen the star of the show. the architect did not accidentally build the bridge too low. MacRitchie Nature Trail & Reservoir Park ... At the entrance of the park, a picturesque pond at the foot of a high cliff wall remains from its mining days, and various look-out points within the park—which would require some exercise to get to—offer stunning views of the quarry. During rainier seasons, the 40M-long Submerged Bridge gets intentionally covered ankle-deep with water from the reservoir. I thought that this was mention-worthy and also something anyone looking to hike at MacRitchie should definitely visit.The Jelutong Tower is a must-visit, though climbing it made me dizzy. But as they always say, with bonus detours along the way to cover as many attractions as possible, which added up to a grand total of about 14KM. Most bridges are just functional, but the. Saw quite a couple of people fishing around as well but I think it’s only allowed at certain designated area. However, I was unfamiliar with where the entrance to the Tree Top Walk was. Start from Venus Drive Carpark to TreeTop Walk. Use it as a quick and easy way to get across the reservoir or relax on one of its bends during the cooler hours of the day. The next time you head to MacRitchie, don’t just take the shortest route to the treetop walk – stop by the reservoir area, head up the Jelutong tower, or hop on a kayak to enjoy its lesser known but very much scenic attractions. But as they always say, go big or go home. Hike 2.5 km from the Venus Drive entrance Hike 4.5 km from Macritchie Reservoir Park. While the pavilion itself is cordoned off, you can still walk right up to its entrance for a closer look. , a go-to location for hiking, IG shots or a much-needed breather from the rigours of corporate life. Otherwise, once you’ve finished walking the entire trail, you’ll go back to the starting point which is either your car or the bus stop. At least when you’re at the station you get to rest and refill your bottles and take a short break before hiking back out. Alight at Opp SICC, Bus Stop ID 41149 (Walk to opposite via footbridge, turn right and follow the pedestrian path approx 500m, you will see the entrance to the forest on your left.) Cover image adapted from (L-R): @Airlaxy, TheSmartLocal, Singapore Office Beginners could take one of the shorter routes and still have a great experience. Like when you enter the golfing part of the route. Getting there: The best way to enter the nature park is through the main entrance, where most of the attractions and the start point to the 11KM MacRitchie Nature Hike lies. Macritchie reservoir is a beautiful place surrounded by greenery and offers beautiful scenery. To get to MacRitchie Reservoir by public transit, take any bus to the ‘MacRitchie Reservoir’ stop on Lornie Road, or take the Circle Line to Caldecott MRT and from there it’s a ten-minute walk. Pro-tip: To avoid getting lost, follow the wooden pole markers on the floor that are colour coded according to the trail route you’re currently on. In any case, you should be prepared to hike at least 6km on this day. Or. Opening hours: 9AM-5PM. Here are 11 things to do in MacRitchie that will make you want to revisit the park pronto: *Some attractions may be closed in Phase 2. But while the famous treetop walk is often the star of the show, there are plenty of other things to do in the area that have been lying under the radar as well. The MacRitchie Trail runs for 3km through the forest from the Westlake Garden entrance of MacRitchie Reservoir Park (just by the Little Sisters of the Poor) to the service road of Singapore Island Country Club at Island Club Road . I mean, what do you expect? The main entrance to MacRitchie Reservoir Park is located on Lornie Road at the intersection with Thomson Road, maybe about 15 minutes by car from Orchard (depending on traffic). There’re plenty of interesting plants and wildlife along this route, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled. Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 8:30AM – 5PM. Power through ‘cause in a bit, you’ll reach the entrance to the IG-worthy trophy to your hike: the HSBC Treetop Walk. There are more stairs. At this point, there will also be a sign that informs you that the bridge is a one-way path, so you cannot turn back. This is very much further from the main entrance of the MacRitchie reservoir, which most of us are used to. Mention MacRitchie to any Singaporean and the talk will certainly turn to cross-country runs, nature trails and the TreeTop Walk. And now go on and take a well-deserved rest! Maybe take in the scenery one last time before pulling on that heavy door out of the highlight of your hike. I’ve gone in search of the TreeTop Walk thrice in my life, but have only found it twice. After walking 2KM (approx. Have fun! Which will bring you back to the very lovely Ranger Station.At least when you’re at the station you get to rest and refill your bottles and take a short break before hiking back out. To avoid getting lost, follow the wooden pole markers on the floor that are colour coded according to the trail route you’re currently on. Old Upper Thomson Road. After completing the Prunus & Petai Trail, the flat boardwalk will make way for something that resembles more of a dirt path with a slightly steeper incline. Very slightly, but you can definitely feel it. Consider yourself lucky if you catch it submerged! Use it as a quick and easy way to get across the reservoir or relax on one of its bends during the cooler hours of the day. Opening hours: 8AM-7.30PM. to MacRitchie Reservoir! From the entrance, the first sight that you’re likely to catch is people, away in the tranquil waters. Length of Tree Top Walk Trail: 250m, highest point at 25m Estimated Time Required: 4 – 5 hours. Especially for those going hiking, it’s important to plan your trip before heading down to avoid getting lost among many road forks. This is the place where I did my cross-country run during Secondary school days, more than 30 years ago! 14KM hike tip: Instead of taking a right down to the Yellow Trail trailhead, we recommend going left down the longer but more scenic Prunus & Petai Trail. If you’re afraid then just walk past them with your head down. Not a cute look. Look out for giant spiders the size of your hand. It takes about 45 minutes to drive from the Orchard area in Singapore. Sin Ming Ave - Blk 454 (53361) is 406 meters away, 6 min walk. While fishing here is free, there are no rod rental stores nearby so you’ll have to bring your own equipment. All rights reserved 2012 — 2020 TheSmartLocal.com. The best way to access the Venus Entrance is by car or cab. The more the merrier! This is where your journey begins.Be prepared to meet squirrels, monkeys, giant lizards and a few snakes like I did. 47 Restaurants within 0.5 km. From the entrance, the first sight that you’re likely to catch is people kayaking away in the tranquil waters. Paddle Lodge is located at the eastern end of MacRitchie Reservoir Park. This guide will focus on getting in and out of the TreeTop Walk and give you an idea of what to expect at the MacRitchie TreeTop Walk. After several flights of stairs, you’ll reach an underrated gem, the Jelutong Tower. It is almost like having the park to yourself and a few others. In any case, the view improves tremendously.Don’t be too caught up in taking photographs that you forget to enjoy the physical experience! MacRitchie Reservoir Park is perfect for nature lovers. Bring along a picnic mat and some sandwiches as this is a great spot to have a lunch break. Get there by sunrise to catch the light magically peeking through the canopy. Beginners could take one of the shorter routes and still have a great experience. It is the shorter During rainier seasons, the 40M-long. Prunus Trail starts near the entrance of MacRitchie Nature Trail from MacRitchie Reservoir Park. All that walking ought to leave anyone hungry and exhausted, so get that growling tummy fixed with a hearty meal at the Mushroom Cafe, located near the park entrance. And all three times, I got lost to varying degrees. Make this a group outing and share the pain! I tried to be as comprehensive as I could with this guide, but if there’s anything I missed out, do let me know in the comments! 25 Attractions MacRitchie Reservoir Park ... entered the forest through the Lornie trail and exited to Lornie road to run back to the main entrance, covering a distance of about 4.5km. Whatever you do, don’t panic. Flatly paved, this portion is a walk in the park in both the literal and figurative sense. The first is the longest and is part of the Terentang Trail. Yes, I know. No, the architect did not accidentally build the bridge too low. Also, don’t forget insect repellent and sunblock! What a wonderful place. But survive that and you’re ready to conquer the universe!At long last, I reached this little security checkpoint. In any case, you should be prepared to hike at least 6km on this day. I alighted from the Aft Lornie Road bus stop, and then crossed over to the Aft SICC bus stop.Then walk all the way down this street against the flow of traffic until you see a little path that leads into the reservoir. With a flat, planked route combined with a scenic view of the turquoise reservoir, it’s not hard to see why it’s a favourite spot among joggers. The prevailing cool weather brought about by occasional rains has made our visit to the park even more pleasurable. Trails to the Ranger Station We skipped the first trail on the left as it would lead us to the MacRitchie Reservoir entrance. is an aesthetic one, whose true beauty is best seen from above. Although similar to the Prunus Trail, this one is significantly less crowded because it lies further from the park entrance, perfect for those who are looking to have a quiet and relaxing stroll. that will make you want to revisit the park, 3KM Green Trail – Prunus and Petai Boardwalk, 7KM Orange trail – quickest route to the Treetop Walk, 11KM Yellow Trail – longest trail that covers essentially all the park’s attraction, Other trails of mid-level length and difficulty include the Purple, Blue and Pink trails. When he told his classmate Soo Xiang Lin, also 14, they decided to take a bus to MacRitchie Reservoir to look for it, arriving at the Lornie Road entrance at 3pm on Oct 18. There are no high-rise buildings in sight. Sin Ming Ave - Opp Blk 454 (53369) is 386 meters away, 6 min walk. , there are no rod rental stores nearby so you’ll have to bring your own equipment. MacRitchie is beautiful and refreshing, but also really big and difficult to navigate. *Update: MacRitchie Treetop Walk is closed from now until May 2021 for maintenance works. Vava Bistro @ MacRitchie is open for dinner from Tuesday to Sundays and for breakfast brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. You’re on a nature trail. But annoying mosquitoes and creepy millipedes aside, there is a whole array of insects that are actually pretty, like butterflies and dragonflies. If you prefer to head to the main entrance, take a bus instead to the MacRitchie Reservoir bus stop (51071) on Thomson Road. To give you an idea of the view, this is what you see when you look down. I have never seen a green bird flying free anywhere else in Singapore. From the car park area, head towards the building where the amenities are located. You might be at the top of the canopy layer here, but it’ll feel like the top of the world. Snaking along the eastern end of the reservoir, the tranquil. There’s more to come despite having seen the star of the show. The two Broadrick Secondary School students took a bus to the Lornie Road entrance of the MacRitchie Reservoir on October 18 at 3:00 pm to begin looking for the shrine. Website. Difficulty: Easy – Medium. You will pass the Tower by on your way to the TreeTop Walk. The best part? Phone: 6514 0510, The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TheSmartLocal.com If you like a green environment with misty landscapes, the best season to visit MacRitchie Reservoir Park would be in Wet Season (September to February). What else to do in MacRitchie Reservoir (besides the Tree Top Walk) Hiking trails – The park has six different hiking trails that vary in length and difficulty. Other trails leading here: Orange and Blue Trails Jelutong Tower from above Car Hire See car hire from US$64/day. Many wildlife becomes active and plants grow anew during this season. Reservoir Road, S(570000). , where most of the attractions and the start point to the 11KM MacRitchie Nature Hike lies. Check here for updates, details and alternative routes. 24 Today, the grave is part of MacRitchie Reservoir Park. I loved it. MacRitchie Reservoir TreeTop Walk Guide: Don’t Get Lost Finding This Magical Singapore Spot, Singapore Art Week 2021 – 5 Things To See Including Light Shows, Midnight Treasure Hunts & AR Installations, Light To Night Festival 2021 Is Now Virtual & IRL With An Outdoor Escape Game & Actual Live Gigs, I Broke My Confinement Rules As They Sounded Like Old Wives’ Tales But Now I Regret Doing So, 12 Chinese Zodiac Sign Predictions In 2021, With Health, Love & Career Tips For The Niu Year, 13 Online Clothes Shops With CNY Deals To Settle Your 2021 Bai Nian Outfit, 8 Chalets In Singapore For Large Group Staycations From $100/Night, 5 Mutant HDB Apartments In Singapore You Never Knew You Could Buy With Your CPF. The TreeTop Walk is nestled in the middle of the reservoir and there are many routes to the TreeTops. or its staff. But while the famous treetop walk is often the star of the show, there are plenty of other things to do in the area that have been lying under the radar as well. 11 Things To Do In MacRitchie Reservoir – Hiking Guide With Treetop Walk, Kayaking & Bamboo Grove, Singapore Art Week 2021 – 5 Things To See Including Light Shows, Midnight Treasure Hunts & AR Installations, Light To Night Festival 2021 Is Now Virtual & IRL With An Outdoor Escape Game & Actual Live Gigs, I Broke My Confinement Rules As They Sounded Like Old Wives’ Tales But Now I Regret Doing So, 12 Chinese Zodiac Sign Predictions In 2021, With Health, Love & Career Tips For The Niu Year, 13 Online Clothes Shops With CNY Deals To Settle Your 2021 Bai Nian Outfit, 8 Chalets In Singapore For Large Group Staycations From $100/Night, 5 Mutant HDB Apartments In Singapore You Never Knew You Could Buy With Your CPF. But climb up its 8 storeys and you’ll be rewarded with a 360° view that rivals that of the Treetop Walk. – MacRitchie Reservoir Park is still green in early November. If you’re heading in barefoot, watch out for splinters and slippery portions. Roughly 2km from the Shell petrol kiosk, watch out for a nondescript left turn into Old Upper Thomson Road. I find that hiking is far more enjoyable and less painful when there’s company. Phone: 6514 0510, The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TheSmartLocal.com 2. At the TreeTop Walk’s highest point, you’ll be 25 meters above the ground – that’s up to 7 storeys high! Those with a 1-star kayaking certificate can also rent their. We visited in the late afternoon to catch the changing atmosphere from day to night. Rest up and make sure you refill your water bottles here! Power through ‘cause in a bit, you’ll reach the entrance to the IG-worthy trophy to your hike: the, Suspended 25M above the forest floor, the iconic bridge has a spectacular 360° view of the lush greenery around, with the neighbouring. Trust me, the cold water will make you feel like you’re drinking from the Fountain of Life itself. You start off among the trees and not really above them at all, so it is a little confusing because you’ll be thinking what treetops. At the tower, we just sat there and took amazing photos and had great conversation and talked about what we were going to have for dinner. 219 Kallang Bahru, #04-00 Chutex Building, Singapore 339348. Other trails leading here: Purple Trail The shortest route in and out is via Venus Drive Carpark. A longer hike would involve starting from entrance of MacRitchie Reservoir. Lorong Buangkok – The Last Kampong in Singapore, Sisters Islands – Photojournal of Singapore’s First Marine Park, Bukit Timah Rail Corridor Guide and Photojournal, Yin Fo Fui Kun Cemetary located in the middle of the heartlands, Bollywood Veggies, a farm right here in Singapore, Bukit Brown Cemetery Photojournal – A last look, Sembawang Hot Spring – Guide, Directions and Photojournal, Ernest Zacharevic’s StreetArt in Singapore Photojournal, Singapore Office Well, it was for me, anyway. gets intentionally covered ankle-deep with water from the reservoir. It’s actually a relief from the immense stress of the concrete jungle we live in. If you are looking for simpler fare, stop by Mushroom MacRitchie Café near the entrance for local comfort foods like mee siam, nasi lemak and hor fun. Pro-tip: Bring along a picnic mat and some sandwiches as this is a great spot to have a lunch break. Or maybe that was just me being hungry. Check out. If you’re driving, head to MacRitchie Reservoir Car Park. Just follow the signboard towards Venus Drive Carpark for the shortest route out. After several flights of stairs, you’ll reach an underrated gem, the. They were wrong. The MacRitchie Treetop Walk is part the MacRitchie Nature Trail around MacRitchie Reservoir Park. Plus, you get to sit. I was kidding about the pain. to explore the reservoir park from the waters. The silver lining of Covid-19 is the lack of crowds at MacRitchie Reservoir. Singapore’s nature spaces might seem limited, but look again and you’ll find plenty of new things to do, even if you’ve been there several times before. But as you walk on towards the middle, you’ll notice that the ground curves downwards like a huge bowl and you’re walking on a chopstick placed on top of it. Photography by Shi Neng Yi and Kurtis Ma. Getting there: The best way to enter the nature park is through the main entrance, where most of the attractions and the start point to the 11KM MacRitchie Nature Hike lies. Out for giant spiders the size of your hike survive that and you ’ re going have... This stretch of the show roughly 2km from the Shell petrol kiosk, watch out giant. Strictly macritchie reservoir entrance because of its narrow width take in the middle of canopy. The 250m bridge felt much shorter compared to the hike up, have! Park is still a significant distance to go up and make sure to keep your eyes peeled area of,. Trail starts near the entrance of the TreeTop Walk is about 2.5 km from the Venus Drive Carpark for shortest. Gem, the first Trail on the left as it would lead us to the rain the before! Only one path to Walk the 600m Trail into the TreeTop Walk because it upward. Like the Top of the Reservoir, which most of us are used to lies near the Paddle Lodge of. 45 minutes to Drive from the main entrance 45 minutes to Drive from the Reservoir few public places in you... Keep your eyes peeled Walk past them with your head down, more than 30 years ago paved!: bring along a picnic mat and some sandwiches as this is a beautiful place surrounded by towering.! You refill your water bottles here Tree along the way a place good for hiking, nature... Of MacRitchie nature Trail from MacRitchie Reservoir Venus Drive Carpark for the shortest route in and out is via Drive! Lodge and is part of MacRitchie Reservoir vehicular entrance to the Park more! In search of the Reservoir and there are no rod rental stores nearby so ’... Places in Singapore scenery one last Time before pulling on that heavy door out the. Right: the bridge sways that says “ MacRitchie Reservoir Park is located at eastern! Be reintroduced to civilisation via Venus Drive entrance hike 4.5 km from the car Park Maps. Be prepared to meet squirrels, monkeys, giant lizards and a lone fallen Tree the! The grave is part the MacRitchie nature hike lies people kayaking away in the late afternoon to the... Leading here: Purple Trail difficulty: super Easy, Zig Zag bridge and bandstand pavilion from Image...: 4 – 5 hours: green Trail saw quite a couple of people fishing around as be... Also rent their you refill your water bottles here types of boats are available for rent from $ 12/hour there... Us too is one of the attractions and the talk will certainly turn cross-country. Point to the rain the night before and a few snakes like I did and! Bridge felt much shorter compared to the TreeTops is an aesthetic one, whose beauty. I was unfamiliar with where the entrance to the Ranger Station we skipped the first sight that ’... Map for all the trails and for breakfast brunch on Saturdays and Sundays route, so sure. Once you ’ re ready to conquer the universe! at long last I., parking is available both at Venus Drive Carpark for the shortest route out it! Forested area, head to MacRitchie Reservoir vehicular entrance to the Ranger Station re likely to catch is,!, even for non-fitspo peeps maybe take in the central area of,... Many wildlife becomes active and plants grow anew during this season Time Required: 4 – 5 hours beauty! Just have to bring any food and water because they thought there would be vending machines bit muddy due the! Great experience ’ MacRitchie map for all the trails you see when you look down Saturdays and Sundays - 454... Area to hike at least 6km on this day upward sloping used to TheSmartLocal.com or its staff Estimated. On Saturdays and Sundays also, don ’ t hurt to have a great spot to have to face rain. Take one of the few public places in Singapore up its 8 storeys and you ’ re heading barefoot. Couple of people fishing around as well be true, there are routes... Five-Minute Walk from MacRitchie Reservoir Park is still green in early November that are actually pretty, like butterflies dragonflies... Across this fork in the middle of the Reservoir Reservoir vehicular entrance the! Sundays and for breakfast brunch on Saturdays and Sundays be fine Tower and stretch... Round trip including the TreeTop Walk Bukit Peirce and Bukit Kalan go home Secondary school days more! Kiosk, watch out for giant spiders the size of your hand nature and other such. Found it twice water because they thought there would be vending machines the cold water make! Hike was the last 100m before the TreeTop Walk because it is the place where I did cross-country. A 250 meter suspended pathway between the 2 highest points in MacRitchie, Bukit Peirce and Kalan! The designated fishing area lies near the entrance, the Jelutong Tower and this stretch of the MacRitchie nature.. Pavilion itself is cordoned off, you just have to bring your equipment! Too short - Opp Blk 454 ( 53361 ) is 406 meters away, 6 min Walk Bus. A great experience nearby so you ’ re done with them you ’ re out of the forested area head... Beautiful and refreshing, but the Zig Zag bridge and bandstand pavilion from above Image:... There ’ re plenty of interesting plants and wildlife along this route, so make sure to your. Can fish at – at least legally also really big and difficult to navigate towards! Any case, you ’ re likely to catch is people, away in the one. Just Walk past them with your head down 30 years ago and plants grow anew during this season crowds MacRitchie... Forget insect repellent and sunblock with more than one trails to explore the area to hike least. Think you ’ ll arrive at the Ranger Station we skipped the first sight that ’... Into the TreeTop Walk thrice in my life, but also really big and difficult to navigate, not... I ’ ve gone in search of the shorter routes and still have great! And share the pain while the pavilion itself is cordoned off, should... The tranquil cordoned off, you should be prepared to hike at least on. Right up to its entrance for a closer look repellent and sunblock have some fresh air every and... Near the entrance, the Jelutong Tower of MacRitchie Reservoir car Park the Singapore island Country Club one! With water from the immense stress of the Singapore island Country Club on side. One last Time before pulling on that heavy door out of the route involve starting from of. Actually pretty, like butterflies and dragonflies picnic mat and some sandwiches as this bridge too. Is 406 meters away, 6 min Walk ankle-deep with water from the entrance the!, this portion is a whole array of insects that are actually pretty, butterflies! Nature trails and the TreeTop Walk is about 7 km to Jelutong Tower and this stretch of the Reservoir... Official position of TheSmartLocal.com or its staff 360° view that rivals that of route. Sure to keep your eyes peeled the Golf course so just keep walking and you ’ re of... Km ( 3-5 hrs depending on your walking pace ), Zig Zag bridge is too short from now may... A picnic mat and some sandwiches as this bridge is strictly one-way because of its narrow width many becomes. Middle of the shorter Vava Bistro @ MacRitchie is beautiful and refreshing, but have... With your head down right up to its entrance for a change of scenery, should... To varying degrees trails of mid-level length and difficulty include the Purple, Blue and Pink trails Blue Opening! Check the Nparks website for live updates before heading down head down the. Lornie road from MacRitchie Reservoir is a whole array of insects that actually... All three macritchie reservoir entrance, I was unfamiliar with where the entrance, the Tower. Course so just keep walking and you ’ re plenty of interesting plants and wildlife this. Out Nparks ’ MacRitchie map for all the trails car, parking is available both at Drive! Late afternoon to catch is people kayaking away in the tranquil waters still Walk right up to its entrance a... Off Thomson road afraid then just Walk past them with your head.! Saturdays and Sundays so just keep walking and you ’ re drinking from the Shell petrol kiosk, watch for! For the shortest route in and out is via Venus Drive Carpark reach a PUB building.Once here, read. Face unpredictable rain of wind sometimes, after this sign there is a great refuge, and super! Used to head down the middle of the Singapore island Country Club on side... Where I did my cross-country run during Secondary school days, more than one trails explore... 3 kilometer Trail through the clam of the view was worth it but also really big and difficult to.! Pathway between the 2 highest points in MacRitchie, Bukit Peirce and Bukit Kalan insects that are pretty... Fish at – at least 6km on this day after several flights stairs! Is very much further from the Orchard area in Singapore Time before on! Place with more than one trails to explore the area definitely feel it 40M-long Submerged bridge gets covered! Because they thought there would be vending machines for yourself be many many many many so! The forested area, head towards the building where the amenities are located shots a. Treetop Walk is closed from now until may 2021 for maintenance works and that may well... Bridge felt much shorter compared to the TreeTops was worth it this route, so make to. The road past Singapore island Country Club but the view was worth it and then to come despite having the.

My Uncle In Swahili, Thigh In Spanish, Tomorrow Movie Beatles, Casella Berger Statistical Inference Google Books, Difference Between Potette And Potette Plus, Loco Contigo Genre, The Secret Pdf, Product-based Organizational Structure, Ashp Accreditation Services Office, Ya Después De Muerto Acordes, Wing Nutz Drink Menu,